Now Generally Available – Clumio Protect for Amazon S3
AWS Re:invent 2021 was a highly anticipated event this year that reminded all of us that the pandemic will end, and when it does the world will come back stronger than ever before. The look of excitement on everyone’s faces was absolutely infectious. The happiness of being out of their houses to meet face-to-face while learning about new technology and enjoying every moment of it was tangible. The highlight of the show was the conversations with customers – understanding their challenges with data protection in AWS, and receiving feedback on our newest innovation, Clumio Protect for Amazon S3. The early access program ran for only one month and the results were incredible, and in true Clumio fashion resulted in a ton of 10Xs.
The program had 10X more early access signups and onboarding than any early access program we have run before and due to the massive scale of S3 resulted in 10X larger backups. Customer sizing moved quickly from protecting 100s of TBs to 10s of PBs. Clumio Protect for Amazon S3 brought a ton of new functionality with Protection Groups, global search, object bundling for small file optimization, and multiple tiers. The one exciting result customers were not expecting was 10X faster backups and restores, due to our ability to access infinite compute and to scale to any size environment. After all the testing and feedback, we are excited to announce the general availability of the industry’s first and most complete S3 backup solution, Clumio Protect for Amazon S3. Now everyone can experience what many customers experienced during the early access program.
The most important part of any early access program is the feedback and experiences of the platform. We continued to hear similar feedback from all customers which included the following:
- Quick and effortless ransomware protection: EA customers experienced easy onboarding through the Clumio Protect listing in AWS Marketplace. “We were able to start protecting our Amazon S3 data in less than ten minutes,” said Francisco Borge, CTO, Birdzi. “Our data is now immutable in Clumio SecureVault and protected against access by ransomware, bad actors, and other threats.”
- Low RTO with one-click rapid recovery: Customers can recover critical Amazon S3 data with a single click. Combined with global search functionality that works across backups, buckets, and accounts, recovery time was reduced significantly. One customer was able to recover terabytes of data stored across multiple buckets in less than three minutes, which otherwise would have taken hours.
- Cloud scale: Based on a serverless architecture, Clumio’s data protection platform scales to meet the backup demands of its largest customers. During the EA period, Clumio Protect for Amazon S3 backed up 100s of terabytes of data across more than 100 million Amazon S3 objects. “We were searching for a backup solution for our critical Amazon S3 data that was easy to use without any complex planning involved,” said Tyler Wood, Director of IT, Bidadoo. “Clumio Protect for Amazon S3 met our requirements and exceeded expectations. The platform feature set, service, and support has been amazing.”
We were fortunate to have design partners throughout the development process, which enabled us to truly hone in on the challenges and opportunities to bring new customer experiences with protecting S3. One of our design partners is Cox Auto who originally planned to develop an S3 backup solution themselves, but chose to trust Clumio instead. Mark Huber, Director, Engineering Enablement at Cox Auto said it best:
“We have been innovating at a rapid pace in the public cloud and optimally protecting our mission-critical data in Amazon S3 is a challenge. Our Amazon S3 data is immense and diverse. We originally planned to build our own backup solution, but the effort was massive. Clumio listened to our feedback and tirelessly worked with our teams to deliver Clumio Protect for Amazon S3. We can selectively provide the right levels of protection for our Amazon S3 data via global policies and protection groups. Global search enables quick recovery of any bucket or object for compliance needs, and optimizations to reduce small object overhead and deliver a low TCO.”
Clumio Protect for Amazon S3 provides the following benefits to our customers:
- The Ultimate Ransomware And Bad Actor Protection: Air-gapped S3 backups are stored outside your AWS account in immutable storage with data-at-rest and in-flight encryption and the ability to bring your own keys.
- Global Compliance and Visibility: A centralized view across buckets, accounts, and regions help make compliance audits a breeze.
- Lowest RTO to Meet Any SLA: Reduce recovery time from hours or days to minutes with global search for buckets, prefixes, and objects across any AWS accounts.
- Simpler and More Cost-Effective than Build it Yourself: Clumio Protect provides up to 50% savings on AWS costs with built-in efficiencies to remove the need for versioning, reduce the overhead of small files, and enable data classification.
To see Clumio Protect in action, check out a quick 3-minute demo:
To learn more about all the innovations in Clumio Protect for Amazon S3, check out the following resources:
- Introducing Clumio Protect for Amazon S3
- S3 Data Protection Using Clumio Protection Groups
- S3 Data Recovery Using Global Search
- S3 Global Visibility and Compliance to be Audit Ready
- Clumio Protect for Amazon S3
- Clumio Discover and Protect on Amazon Marketplace
Clumio Protect is available for the protection of Amazon EBS, Amazon EC2, Amazon RDS, Amazon S3, Microsoft 365, and VMware Cloud on AWS with a 30-day free trial in AWS Marketplace.
Keep your eye out for more and more innovations coming soon from Clumio Protect and Discover. We are only just getting started. Until next time, stay SaaSy my friends. NO SLEEP TILL BROOKLYN!