AWS re:Invent 2022 Highlights: Better, Faster, Cheaper
|AWS re:Invent 2022 was a welcome opportunity to connect with customers, partners, and colleagues throughout the industry. It really felt like “the before times” with a bustling expo floor, tons of impromptu discussions, and attendees hustling from session to session. Over 50,000 people attended the conference, and Clumio staff enjoyed the many in-depth conversations that allowed us to understand attendees’ needs and priorities. The question we heard again and again: “How are you better, faster and cheaper?”|
At the Clumio booth, we had great conversations with current and future customers while our tee shirt printers were hard at work, printing up tees on-demand. Everyone had their individual favorite, but the most popular design was “I Like Big Buckets and I Cannot Lie.”
Unfortunately Lambda functions can’t be applied to speed the screen printing process the same way they do backup and restore, so when word got around about our tees by Thursday afternoon, it created quite a long line-up.
Of course tee shirts were a bonus, not the main event. In his Tuesday Keynote speech, AWS CEO Adam Selipsky shared a mind-boggling statistic: “Analysts predict that in the next five years, we’re going to create more than double the amount of data produced since the dawn of the digital age.” This stat underscores the fact that every company is managing an ever-growing data estate, so any solution, data protection or otherwise, had better be incredibly scalable. Clumio staff demonstrated newly announced innovations in backup and recovery for Amazon S3 that fit the bill perfectly:
- The most scalable S3 backup and recovery: We showed booth visitors how Clumio can backup and recover buckets containing 30 billion objects and exabytes of data with ease.
- Instant restore: Attendees were shown how Clumio allows them to achieve zero RTO for S3 buckets of all sizes using the exciting new instant restore feature.
- Continuous backup: Attendees were also thrilled to learn that they could enable a 15 minute RPO for S3 buckets in two clicks.
Learn more about these features in Chadd’s Blog.
Away from the Clumio booth, there was even more action to report on.
- Clumio CEO Poojan Kumar discussed protecting Amazon S3 data, and our partnership and architecture alongside AWS’s Paul Meighan at theCUBE.
- Clumio’s breakout session featured Clumio CTO Woon Jung, Amazon S3’s Peter Imming, and Cox Automotive’s Mark Huber walking through why and how to protect S3 data, how Cox architects and protects their S3 data, and how Clumio is uniquely architected to solve the complexities of backing up data with the velocity, volume and variety found in S3.
All in all, AWS re:Invent was a great event. Clumio’s newly announced features resonated with attendee’s needs, we had fantastic conversations with so many incredibly smart people, and even had some public speaking opportunities. Thanks to everyone who made it to the Clumio booth, and for those who were unable to attend, we’ve got you covered! You can try Clumio free and check out the newest features and greatest hits.