Your privacy is critically important to us.
Like most website operators, Clumio collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Clumio’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Clumio’s visitors use its Website. From time to time, Clumio may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its Website.
Clumio also collects personally-identifying information, for example Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on http://clumio.com blog posts. Clumio only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
What Personal Data Does Clumio Collect?
Certain users of Clumio’s Services choose to interact with the Services in ways that require Clumio to gather personally identifying information. The amount and type of personal information that Clumio gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for a blog at http://clumio.com to provide a username and email address.
Personal Data Sharing
Clumio may share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our Services, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law or otherwise with your consent.
Clumio may share personal information in the following ways:
- Within Clumio for purposes of data processing or storage;
- With business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents, or contractors to provide a requested solution, service or transaction (examples include, but are not limited to: processing of orders and credit card transactions, hosting websites, hosting seminar registration, assisting with sales-related efforts or post-sales support, and providing customer support);
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or to another company;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to comply with legal process or meet national security requirements, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Clumio, its business partners, you, or others, or as otherwise required by applicable law;
- In aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you; and
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to such sharing.
Personal Data Security
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information; however, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to provide the Services, comply with our business requirements, legal, accounting or reporting obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our agreements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of the personal data, the purposes for which we process the personal data, whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and any applicable legal requirements.
Links To External Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites, products, or services.
Protection of Personal Information
Clumio discloses personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors, and vendors, and those of its affiliated organizations, that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Clumio’s behalf or to provide the Services, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors, vendors, and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Clumio’s Services, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Clumio will not rent or sell personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors, vendors, and affiliated organizations, as described above, Clumio discloses personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request, or when Clumio believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Clumio, third parties, or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of the Services and have supplied your email address, Clumio may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Clumio and our services. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Clumio takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of personally-identifying information.
Clumio may collect statistics about the behavior of users of its Services. Clumio may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Clumio does not disclose your personally-identifying information.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, Clumio uses “Cookies”, similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.
Clumio encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities. Clumio does not knowingly collect personal information from children without appropriate parental or guardian consent. If you believe that we may have collected personal information from someone under the applicable age of consent in your country without proper consent, please let us know by emailing [email protected], and we will take appropriate measures to investigate and address the issue promptly.
GDPR Compliance at Clumio
If you are using the Services from the EU or where applicable EU data protection laws so provide, you may exercise the following rights regarding your personal data:
- The right to be informed – You have the right to be informed where personal data is collected from the data subject;
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data (we may charge you a small fee for this service);
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any personal data you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that information you believe is incomplete be completed;
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request erasure of your personal data, under certain conditions;
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request the processing of your personal data be restricted, under certain conditions;
- The right to object – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions;
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that collected data be transferred to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions;
- The rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – You have the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning him or her.
If you make a request under GDPR, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at through the email or physical address listed below.
Legal Processing Basis
There are several alternative ways in which the lawfulness of a specific case of processing of personal data may be established under GDPR. It is Clumio’s policy to identify the appropriate basis for processing and to document it, in accordance with the Regulation, as follows:
- Performance of a Contract
- Legal Obligation
- Vital Interests of the Data Subject
- Task Carried Out in the Public Interest
CCPA Compliance at Clumio
Your Consumer rights under the CCPA
Under the CCPA, you may have the following consumer rights:
- The right to know about the personal information a business collects about you and how it is used and shared – You may request that businesses disclose to you what personal information they have collected, used, shared, or sold about you, and why they collected, used, shared, or sold that information;
- The right to delete personal information collected from you (with some exceptions) – You may request that businesses delete personal information they collected from you and to tell their service providers to do the same;
- The right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information – You may request that businesses stop selling your personal information (“opt-out”). With some exceptions, businesses cannot sell your personal information after they receive your opt-out request unless you later provide authorization allowing them to do so again; and
- The right to non-discrimination for exercising your CCPA rights – Businesses cannot deny goods or services, charge you a different price, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services just because you exercised your rights under the CCPA.
Additional Rights under California Law
Clumio qualifies for the alternative option. We have a comprehensive privacy statement, and provides you (including residents of the State of California) with details on how you may either opt-out or opt-in to the use of your personal information by third parties for direct marketing purposes. Therefore, we are not required to maintain or disclose a list of the third parties that received your personal information for marketing purposes during the preceding year.
CCPA 1798.140 Data Categories Processed by Clumio:
|(A) Identifiers||Real name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address or other similar identifiers.|
|(B) Personal information listed in § 1798.80 of the California Customer Records statute||Signature, transactional business information e.g. orders, invoices|
|(D) Commercial Information||Records of products or services purchased|
|(F) Internet or other electronic network activity information||Interaction with our Services, applications, or advertisements.|
|(G) Geolocation Data||Location based on IP addresses collected from website|
|(I) Professional or employment-related information||Job Title, Business email, Company NameSubmitting a Request to Exercise Your Rights|
If you are a California resident and request information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices, please contact us by:
- Email at [email protected].
- Phone (844) 425-8646
- Mail at 4555 Great America Parkway, Suite 101
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Do Not Track
Clumio tracks its customers over time and across third party websites to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of the website and to help tailor content or offers.
In addition, some third-party sites keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. Third parties that have content embedded in Clumio’s Website such as a social networking feature, may set cookies on a user’s browser and/or obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited a specific Clumio Website from a certain IP address. Third parties cannot collect any other personally identifiable information from the Clumio Website unless you provide it to them directly. Clumio also uses remarketing services, including Google AdWords, discussed below, and other such services.
At this time Clumio does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
Google AdWords and Other Services for Remarketing
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page. You can opt-out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
Clumio Headquarters is located at:
4555 Great America Parkway, Suite 101
Santa Clara, CA 95054