- Protect billions of objects with continuous air-gapped backup
- Find a single file with intuitive protection groups, global search, and calendar views
- Recover in less than a minute with industry leading RTO and granular point-in-time restore
Talk to a specialist
451 Research Market Insight Report: Clumio backup as a service for Amazon S3
- Results of a study on data lake adoption trends
- The advantages that Clumio provides over native AWS data protection capabilities
- Key capabilities in the Clumio solution called out by 451 Research
Try it for yourself for 30 days
Why do I need to protect my S3 data?
Amazon S3 is designed to provide 99.999999999% durability and 99.99% availability of objects. However, infrastructure durability is not the same as data durability. In the cloud shared responsibility model, the validity, security, accessibility, and usability of data is the customers’ responsibility.
Does Amazon S3 data ever get lost or compromised?
This happens more often than you think. Misconfigured S3 buckets can inadvertently allow unauthorized users to access root directories and permissions to erase critical data. Objects in S3 buckets are also vulnerable to being deleted or corrupted due to insider threats, accidental deletions, and software bugs.
Why would I need a third-party solution for S3 backup?
Versioning and replication are the main techniques provided by AWS for keeping copies of S3 data, but have their limitations. If a hacker / malicious actor has access to an S3 bucket, they can simply delete all versions and replications of it. Recovering from a version or replication is slow and difficult to pinpoint a last known good copy.
What are some other benefits that Clumio provides beyond other solutions?
In addition to providing an air gap that separates your backup from your primary security sphere, Clumio can protect more than 20 billion objects while simplifying point in time recovery down to a single file level. That’s just the beginning – request a demo to learn more!